About Gallery Services FAQ Grace Lin Professional Makeup Team Press Testimonials Contact Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Congrats! Grace received another great review from Yelp!



"I planned to have engagement photos where I wore Japanese wedding kimono (uchikake) and my fiance wore traditional men's hakama.  I am hapa (half) Japanese, and at first glance my facial features tend to look more Caucasian, however, I find that Asian makeup artists are the best at bringing out my features.  When wearing kimono, the hair should be worn up so the neckline can be seen and the kimono is not hidden by long hair. Upon recommendation from a friend, I decided to hire Grace. Having seen her hairstyle portfolio, I knew she was the one I wanted to hire to create a unique and elegant hairstyle to compliment my kimono.

Although my photoshoot was during wedding season, I was lucky to get Grace since I chose a weekday when people normally do no have weddings. I think you have to book far in advance to get her during wedding season. Grace was very flexible and agreed to do my hair and makeup at the kimono rental store in downtown Little Tokyo.  When she arrived, I showed her a few Japanese magazine pictures of what kind of style I wanted and she quickly understood and created an amazing updo with braids and flowers (I bought the artificial flowers at Michael's).

I really liked my makeup as well. At first I thought it was a little dark, but after the pictures came out, I realized that the darker eye makeup was perfect by making my eyes stand out because I had a lot of distance shots. Even in the close ups, my eyes looked soft and not too dark.

I had a wonderful experience with Grace. She is very polite, punctual, and an amazing artist. I would especially recommend her to anyone that is looking for an amazing and unique updo hair style."

No comments:

Post a Comment


FOLLOW: Twitter Facebook Pinterest
© 2012 Grace Lin. All rights reserved. Designed by Tsz.